Allstar Wrestling Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPG LIMITATION and Ettiquette

Go down

RPG LIMITATION and Ettiquette Empty RPG LIMITATION and Ettiquette

Post  WildFire Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:32 pm

Hey when you deal with another persons character please remember to be respectful of their space. Each character is the star of their own word so there are limitations on what you can do to them and with them.

Each person has an idea of what their character will and will not do and say. So if you put them in your post and they do something which makes them look bad you can make them feel really bad.

In real life no one can make you walk, talk or do anything you wouldn't normally do, like if you were walking down the street and suddenly just brust into song and dance for no reason because someone was controlling you, that would just be really really weird and make you very upset and stuff.

So when you are rping with someone remember :
1) You can't make them say anything : simply because you might not talk like then (especially if your English or whatever language is not as good as theirs)
2) You can't make them do any actions : Like opening a letter (they might not want to open a letter they got from you because they are afraid it is a BOMB or something) so you can't make them do an action they might not do.
3) You can't make them LOOK bad (like a wimp or loser or such a thing): It's their character if I punked you in real life especially by doing things that you HAVE NO CONTROL over then you would be upset about it too.
4) There are things that people don't like to do or don't want to do, if you are not sure and yu want to involve them in a storyline with you discuss it ahead of time.

And some parting thoughts :
1) What seems reasonable to you maynot be reasonable to your opponents, like MOST people will get out of the way of your punch, but SOME maybe won't thats part of their character (maybe they want to prove they are a tough guy)
2) If you want to get into a major storyline with someone discuss limitations on their interactions. For instance, when I wanted to get into the storyline with BLUE MOON and THE BARONESS, I posted my intentions in the storyline discussion. I have SPECIFIC permission from BLUEMOON herself to STALK her and to do what I did. However; at no time do I have permission to to control her actions beyond that. So when I sent a letter to BLUE MOON and the BARONESS I could NOT make them OPEN THE LETTER I sent them, I couldn't even make them open the door so it could be delivered. And not once could I put words in their Mouths, becuase quite simply they might have chosen to NOT open the door or even NOT open the letter.
3) So when you are dealing with a player try to basically even when you are insulting them and treating them bad try to basically respect their individual space, chances are if you can't make someone do it in real life you can't make them do it in an RPG. At no time in realife can I make you walk, talk, sing or dance or any such thing and you can't do that to someone elses character either.
4) There are a few grey areas, but before you go into them, please think of how you would feel if it was done to YOU in real life, chances are if they would make you feel bad they would make your opponent feel bad. YOu have the right to call your opponents out to a degree but making them feel worthless and stupid is wrong. But then again it is only make believe, so please remember ITS NOT REAL and don't take it personally, nonone is really going to come to your house and burn it down, and I may consider you character a Coward, but I have nothing against you and it's all just your character that I might have the problem with.

WildFire

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum