Allstar Wrestling Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Write Matches

4 posters

Go down

Do you like this idea ?

Write Matches Vote_lcap50%Write Matches Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]
Write Matches Vote_lcap0%Write Matches Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Write Matches Vote_lcap13%Write Matches Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
Write Matches Vote_lcap0%Write Matches Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Write Matches Vote_lcap37%Write Matches Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Write Matches Empty Write Matches

Post  Inversion Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:28 am

Hey,
I have talked to a few members of the fed, a I have an idea. We can write up matches working in a very fun & controlled manner. In a standard match with two people involved, then they will post a match part writing what is happening in the match (preferably in present tense). Once posted, the opponent will then do the same, writing a match part following on from what the first person wrote. Once all parts have been posted, it's time to vote. Than the VGM's and GM and one randomly picked person from the fed will vote if it should go on the fed. Come on, lets try to make AWA more original. Smile

What We Look For In Matches
Wondering how to get those precious votes from your fellow members? The certain things we look for in match writing is how well your literacy is (good grammar, spellings etc), how well you portray a wrestling match, how well you tell a story, how exciting you can make it & equally importantly - balance. Always have a good balance to your matches. Don't always immediately go for the high spots & cool finishers. Slowly build your way up to those moments, wear down your opponent. From wrestling training myself, I've been priviliged to learn that there's 7 stages to a wrestling match. They are as followed:

1. Establishment - Let the fans/reader know who's the face & who's the heel. Yes there will be times when you're both the same, but let the fans know that from the get go. Crowd work helps here.

2. Face Shine - Let the face get the upper hand. It gets the crowd excited, it makes the face look how the face should look... good.

3. Heel Cut Off - Eventually, the face is gonna let his/her guard down & that's when the heel cuts them off. This is usually shown with the face being on top of the match, going to hit a big move (a finisher possibly) & the heel cuts them off with a powerful move such as a clothesline or shoulder knockdown.

4. Face Hope - Even though the heel has cut the face off in his/her tracks, the face is still lively & they try to make a comeback. They still have a bit of hope in them.

5. Strong Heat - Nope, the heel is confident now & he/she is gonna apply some strong heat. This is where the heel will wear down their opponent with strikes, slams & gain a really bad reputation with the crowd.

6. Comeback - The heel showboats a bit too much & it allows the face a moment to shake the cobwebs & mount a comeback hitting some trademark moves. You've all seen John Cena do it with the hiptoss, spinning slam & shoulder knockdown. You've seen Shawn Michaels do it with the flying forearm, inverted atomic drop & scoop slam. You've seen Rey Mysterio do it with the dropkick, seated senton & tilt-a-whirl headscissors. This is where the face starts to show the crowd that he/she might get the win.

7. Finish - In real life, this stage is all down to the booker obviously. In the efed though, the finish will be down to fellow members voting & because this is an online game, the finish is completely up to you (the winner).
Inversion
Inversion

http://globalwrestling.us/forums/index.php

Back to top Go down

Write Matches Empty Re: Write Matches

Post  Dan Williams Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:54 am

I'm all for it. I used to be in an e-fed called CWA with this same character concept. For each match both competitors would write out a skeleton guide for a match, and submit it to the general manager. The GM would then go through the two submissions pulling bits from each and constructing a complete match from it.

If we're going to do this I propose having a new topic where everyone posts what moves they've got activated so people can write matches that fit each competitor.
Dan Williams
Dan Williams

Back to top Go down

Post  zeusthefighter Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:23 am

2 things:
1.The line is back!!!
2.You explained face and heel stuff but what about tweeners?
zeusthefighter
zeusthefighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Inversion Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:21 pm

Well, they would do a bit of both. Also it doesn't matter about moves, just make them up, make it more exciting. Smile
Inversion
Inversion

Back to top Go down

Post  zeusthefighter Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:42 am

OK Im up for it I just need an opponent.And a lot of creativity.
zeusthefighter
zeusthefighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Inversion Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:59 pm

An example is my playground match, that can be viewed in Storyline IDeas.
Inversion
Inversion

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fat Kid and Big Doyle Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:33 pm

I like it and I am all for it for the fed for those that can do it. I probably won't be able to participate in those types of matches. Just can't really get the time to RP and write shows Sad Maybe at Christmas break and in the summer I could do it. If Inversion or Wildfire wants to write a match with TFK or Big Doyle I am cool with whatever they write (as long as its a close and, at least for the most part, fair, Very Happy lol )

The Fat Kid and Big Doyle

Back to top Go down

Post  Inversion Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:03 pm

The aim of the match, is to be fair. But if it has you, it can be a squash match. Razz

Write Matches Just%20joking_final%20global
Inversion
Inversion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down